(the misadventures of an expatriate corporate dropout)

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

where there's a will, there's a way.



I'm striving to achieve the same persistence as this lovely rhodedendron, who decided that the sun was sunnier, the skies more blue, the grass much greener on the other side of the fence. The branch found its way there, some how, some way ... discovering that slim opening between the rigid confines and easing its way through. It wasn't an easy task, but it was accomplished.

And now that branch blooms. And so will I.

9 comments:

a quasi French woman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
a quasi French woman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
La Framéricaine said...

And I have every confidence that your bloomin' blossoms on the other side of the french will be as exquisite as those of your gently nurtured usa stray, Kimberlee!

Amitiés,

Anonymous said...

Every living thing strives to survive and be happy. Like the flower, you will blossom. Maybe Plato was right ( I like to read philosophy ) , a humans goal in life should be to be good and therefore happy.

It is getting close isn't it! Can you belive it?!

Anonymous said...

You are very much in exactly the same place as I, we like the same things from what I gather from your blog and your flower peeking through the fence speaks to me as well.....

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you will bloom and grow and thrive!

Non Je Ne Regrette Rien said...

FOT-My counter is under 60 now...eek!

kim-and we even share names! synchronicity & welcome...maybe I'll see you at Chez Julien one day!

Alisa-aww, thanks - gonna do my best.

B said...

Beautiful photo and symbolism! Where there is will, there is a way!! I look forward to reading more of your blog as your exciting move to France nears!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

I like the way you think!

Diane of the blooming under adversity class!