(the misadventures of an expatriate corporate dropout)

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

getting ready to put up my dukes. my French dukes.

The times, they are a changin'. I've gone from a perfectly manicured Corporate Climber to a paint splattered, no fingernail-having do-it-yourself'er in the making.

I've been flexing my painting muscles on my bath walls, just doing some annual maintenance to get my little cabin waterproofed and ship/shape. (Next time, I'm going to be sure to don my gloves). I imagine these small projects as practice rounds. While sparring with my brush, I try to envision similar activities "en France".

So far, no luck. I just can't even imagine any of it. It is actually quite bizarre. Even though I've only had the one walkthrough of my property ... I have lots of pictures. But it ... pretty much none of it ... seems real! That's all right, I'm going to remain focused. In training. Readying for my opponent.

I'm confident when that bell rings, I'll come out swingin'. All obstacles will be down for the count.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

teehee, LOVE the photo perspective on this shot. Makes you look like you have ittybitty cartoon popeye fists. Bwahaha!

Utah Savage said...

Practice makes perfect.

Randal Graves said...

Too bad you didn't have an audio component here. You could have the Rocky theme music playing!

Artful Kisser said...

So much more satisfying getting your hands dirty I reckon. Sounds like good fun.

Non Je Ne Regrette Rien said...

Stacey-ha, hope I have the same strength level!

U.S.-t'is true, t'is true.

RG-I think I need to sign you as my blog editor/press agent. Great merch idea!

AK-completely.