(the misadventures of an expatriate corporate dropout)

Saturday, January 24, 2009

randomness for randal.

1. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint , I'm a tease ...I'm a goddess on her knees. And you wouldn't want it any other way ... (hey that's 7 or 8 things, bonus points!) ((wha'aaaa? catchy and ENTIRELY applicable song lyrics don't count?! merde!)) ((( well it is all still 110% true))).

2. alrighty then. this is hard because my approach to blogging has been to spill my guts regularly. what other randomness is left? hmmmm. okay well some of my readers might know this one ... I won the Douglas County 4th grade spelling bee and my name is inscribed somewhere in the halls of my 4th grade alma mater. Wish I could remember the word that sealed it up ... but no. which leads me to ...

3. I've reached the point in life where memory fails. Actually I reached it quite a while ago, so early that I looked up Alzheimer's symptoms and found out one of the tests they give is to count backwards by 7, starting at 100 ... And I fervently do this just to feel better about myself. I'm on the hunt for brain and memory exercises ... anyone wanna help me out? I imagine I spend at least an hour of each day looking for stuff. Daily, my glasses which I started wearing about 2 years ago and are the bane of my existence. Currently, I am at a loss as to where I've put my camera. I turned the house upside down yesterday but no luck. Today another search will ensue.

4. I'm short. I'm 5'1" on a good day (stocking feet). I moved to France because I prefer being called petite.

5. I love to dance AND I have rhythm. I start each morning by cranking up the iPod. My dance music tastes lean toward Aretha and Stevie and Beyoncé and Shakira, but I also can't get enough Latin music (salsa, samba) ... anything that gets my hips swiveling works for me. Structured dance is something I'm working on (I don't do well with structure! lol)...I've found some salsa dance lessons in Perigueux that I'm dying to try. But they are in French (duh, of course) so I'm a bit intimidated. But my bet is I'll be doing them.

6. My toenails are never sans couleur.

7. Dang ... not sure if I have to add another to compensate for number 1... let's see, let's see...ermmmmm... once when I lived in New York, I was working as a temp and I lied and said I knew shorthand so they sent me on this job to this high rise building to fill in for some muckity-muck's secretary for a day and he called me in to his office. I went in with my pad thinking "I SO have this" ... because I was totally cute and young and ridiculous and he was an old fart with drooling lascivious eyes. Plus I figured how hard could it be, I'll just write fast and leave out the vowels and fake it.... so I batted my eyes at the reptile across desk and smiled and nodded and threw in a few little 'ohs and ahs' ... and twitched my way back to the ... gasp ... Selectric Typewriter and proceeded to type up the biggest pile of dooky you've ever read.

I waited till the end of the day to go back to his office and place it in his inbox. He kept trying to strike up a conversation with some of the worst banalities ... finally I just kind of wrinkled my nose and told him I had to get home to my baby and pranced on out.

What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall when he tried to deciper that letter. chuckle.

ok - tags. apologies to any and all in advance. It is all Randal's fault.

Notre Vie Juteuse
JouJou Loves You
Michelle of the old house in Paris.
Chez Rigsby
Monsieur Grenouille-blog (Frogblog Thaidings)

God I hate rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you. (See above)
2. Post the rules on your blog. (control freaks)
3. Write six random things about yourself. (I'm an open book already)
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. (Five is all I got. again, apologies)
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog. (umm, well rules are made to be broken)
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up. (like he reads my comments ... )

4 comments:

M said...

Okay, I need my beauty sleep now, but will get to it tomorrow.

I'll probably break the rules too :-)

My bloody eyesight is so bad I keep 'failing' word verifications.

Riana Lagarde said...

lol, that was fun. i can just see you in that office with the lizard. i dont like memes or rules either but this was a nice peek into your life and i'm glad you did it!

Randal Graves said...

Of course I read your comments. That hurts, shorty.

See, this is why I don't spill my guts, I get to keep all kinds of material handy for tags.

JouJou Loves You said...

Wahahaha>>>I love that you use the word 'dookie'.